at one point, i was making this smoothie every. single. day. for like 2 years straight. i only recently moved on to a strawberry smoothie, but this is one i will always go back to. it tastes like a peanut butter chocolate shake... i honestly can't believe it can be consumed for breakfast. adding powders to smoothies make them thicker, which i think is why i love this smoothie so darn much.
- 1 or 1/2 banana (frozen if possible!)
- a really nice big handful or pile of frozen blueberries
- unsweetened mylk (i prefer vanilla unsweetened almond milk or coconut almond milk with this one, but oat is probably delicious too!)
- 1-2 overflowing spoonfuls of peanut butter
- about 1/3 spoonful of cacao powder
- about 1/3 spoonful of cocoa powder
- 1 spoonful of cacao nibs
- 1 spoonful of rolled oats
- 1 spoonful of shredded coconut
- 1/2 peanut nosh bar
- optional: a pinch of maca powder
- optional: a pinch of cinnamon
- add fruit and mylk to blender and pulse a few times until the ingredients become a mixture and start to loosen up
- add in the peanut butter and the rest of the dry ingredients
- blend until thick and smooth :)
- enjoy, and if you remember, take a pic and tag us on IG!
to get that perfect shot, place your subject and picture props next to a window that gets a lot of natural light! the light is best on cloudy days (keeps shadows out of your photo while still giving all the brightness!). but if it's not cloudy, just keep your subject out of direct sunlight and you're good to go! take a bunch of pics, and FAST, so you can edit and pick the best ones. happy noshing!