now this recipe requires SOME prep, but in my honest opinion, it's something that once you do, you'll be glad you've done it. keeping espresso ice cubes are so great to have in the freezer when you want to keep your coffee COLD but not watery! and frozen bananas are always handy for smoothies and don't want to worry about bananas browning too much. you're welcome.
save this recipe for you and your favorite coffee buddy. it's the perfect thing to make after a nice run or walk together when you still have more to gossip about!
the night before
- brew a pot of strong coffee and pour into ice cube trays. freeze overnight.
- peel and halve bananas and place in a plastic container in the freezer.
this makes one serving.
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 C vanilla unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 1-2 shots of espresso (if you don't have an espresso maker, you can use the instant mix OR invite a friend who has an espresso machine to join you as long as they BYOE)
- spoonful of coffee beans
- handful of coffee ice cubes
- chocolate nosh bar, cubed
- blend banana, milk, espresso, and coffee ice cubes until smooth
- (optional) blend in some chocolate nosh bar
- top with chocolate nosh bars and coffee beans
- get that perf photo and tag us on Instagram!
to get that perfect shot, place your subject and picture props next to a window that gets a lot of natural light! the light is best on cloudy days (keeps shadows out of your photo while still giving all the brightness!). but if it's not cloudy, just keep your subject out of direct sunlight and you're good to go! take a bunch of pics, and FAST, so you can edit and pick the best ones. happy noshing!